QMx is excited to bring you the first screen-accurate, realistic, 1:6 scale, articulated collectible figure of Malcolm Reynolds, the always resourceful captain of the Firefly-class transport Serenity.
No effort was spared in the creation of this peerless replica of Captain Reynolds, the first in Quantum Mechanix´s line of realistic 1:6 scale figures of Firefly¹s Big Damn Heroes. Standing 12 inches tall, every detail -- from Mal´s pistol to his suspenders -- was taken directly from QMx´s extensive library of screen-used costume and prop reference. This attention to detail is topped off by one of the most realistic renderings of actor Nathan Fillion ever done, created by world-renowned likeness sculptor, Trevor Grove.
Here are just a few of the dozens of special features that make the Malcolm Reynolds 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure a masterpiece:
- Fully Articulated Body: 38 points of articulation allow the figure to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses, closely mimicking the life-like gestures and stances of a real person who´s been shrunk down to 1/6th of normal size.
- Realistic Portrait: The figure´s portrait has been sculpted by hand to capture not just a likeness, but the essence of Mal´s character. Paint and material are carefully chosen to faithfully represent how light reacts with skin and hair to push the realism even further.
- Browncoat: Pattern and fabric matched from original screen-used coat. Everything from the microsuede material to the brass buckles give this coat the heft and drape to move realistically with the figure.
- Button-Down Shirt: Authentically tailored to fit the articulated body like a real shirt.
- Tight Pants: Custom fit for thrilling heroics, these tight pants come complete with `Solo´ stripes on the sides.
- Suspenders: Gotta keep your tight pants up! These suspenders use real fabric and simulated leather to match the real thing.
- Boots: Mal´s boots are sculpted to look like heavy-grain, weathered leather and posed to showcase the wide confident stance of a ship´s captain.
- Gun Belt and Holster: Buckles, hardware and simulated leather are all cut to match the screen-used costume.
- Mal´s Pistol: The Moses Bros´ sidearm can sit in the holster or fit into the special plug-and-play `Shooting´ hand.
- PAL Communicator: For when Mal needs to tell Jayne he¹s standing right next to him.
- Left and Right Gloved Hands: Since 1:6 scale fingers are just too small to articulate in a convincing way, multiple posed hands are provided, each one easily swapped out.
- Left and Right Bare Fists: For the next time you find yourself in an Alliance-friendly bar come U-Day, looking for a quiet drink.
- Right Pistol Hand: Each hand is meticulously sculpted for not only correct anatomy, but also to hold the many accessories the figure can be displayed with. This one holds Mal´s trusty sidearm.
- Left Open Hand: Can hold a PAL in a pinch.
- Figure Display Base: To help the upright man stay that way.
From broad strokes to fine details, this wonderfully crafted collectible figure captures the unshakable character and spirit of Malcolm Reynolds. Your Firefly 1:6 scale figure collection begins here with QMx.